Mr. Ferdinand NKIKABAHIZI is Assistant Lecturer at the University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics since 2015. He has been appointed to be Ag.HoD of Department of Economics from 2nd July 2020. Ferdinand NKIKABAHIZI holds a Masters in Economics from University Of Rwanda in 2014 and completed courses for Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (PGCLTHE) programme. Before joining University of Rwanda, Ferdinand was full time assistant lecturer and academic secretary at Catholic University of Rwanda (CUR) from 2012 to 2015, Project Director of a project sponsored by CIRWA (2008-2011), a teacher at secondary school of Brother Maristes (TTC SAVE) 2004-2008, and a clerk of the court between 2000 and 2004 at Save District level. Ferdinand has attended many trainings which improved his skills and professional experiences such as Using statistics and softwares in research by Birmingham City University, Integrating ICT in teaching & learning, Conducting and supervising scientific research, Taking care of poorest families and enhancing their living conditions via establishing Income generating activities , children and vulnerable peoples in general, Insurance life / SONARWA, Mentorship on Paper writing skills at Jonkoping International Business School (JIBS), SWEDEN, Gender and economic policy management initiative (GEPMI), Workshop on writing skills by Stellenboch University, South Africa, UR, Kigali, Rwanda, The workshop on writing policy brief, by UR-Sweden Economic and Management Sub- Programme at UR, Kigali, Rwanda.
Research Interests and area of expertise :
Monetary economics, International trade, Agricultural Economics, Economic and social policy
- Nkikabahizi, F., Hategekimana, V., Musabanganji, E., (2020), The working of Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism in Rwanda. An econometric Analysis using equilibrium model, in the book “Rwandan Economy at the Crossroads of Development”. April 2020. Editors : Das, Gouranga G., Johnson, Rukundo Bosco (Eds.), Springer, ISBN : 978-981-15-5045-4
- Musabanganji, E., Ruranga, C., Nzabanita, J., Nkikabahizi, F., Ndizeye, I., Lebailly, P., (2019), Productivity and Competitiveness of Rwandan Agriculture : a case study of the Maize Sector. AGROFOR International Journal, Vol. 4, Issue No. 1, 2019, pp 32-40
- Nkikabahizi, F., Rizinde, T. and Karangwa, M., 2018, Balance of Trade – Economic growth nexus in Panel of East Africa Community member countries, in the book « Determinants of Economic Growth in Africa ». May 2018. Editor : Almas Heshmati, pp 319-344, Palgrave Macmillan, ISBN : 978-3-319-76493-1
- Rizinde, T., Nkikabahizi, F., Banamwana, L., and Umutesi, J., 2018, Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in Rwanda : The Role of administrative data inclusion, in the book « Rwanda Handbook of Economic and Social Policy ». Volume 1, January 2018. Editor : Almas Heshmati, pp 217-237, Jönköping International Business School (SWEDEN) and University of Rwanda (Rwanda). ISSN 1403-0462, ISBN 978-91-86345-78-5.
- Nkikabahizi, F., Ndagijimana, J. and Musabanganji, E., 2017, Relationship between Inflation and Real Economic Growth in Rwanda, in the book « Studies on Economic Development and Growth in Selected African Countries ». Editor : Almas Heshmati, pp 103-122, Springer Singapore, ISBN : 978-981-10-4450-2
- Hategekimana, V. and Nkikabahizi, F., (2014) « Operational audit and cost allocation on organizational performance in selected industries - Kigali, Rwanda » International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol. 4, No.2 of June. 2014. Pp100-116.