To be admitted, the applicant must satisfy: Two principal passes with at least twenty one (21) points in the following subjects: Physics and Mathematics or Mathematics with either Economics or Geography. A demonstrated background in Fine Art or Technical Drawing is an added advantage. This can include the following subject combinations:
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics;
- Mathematics, Physics and Geography;
- Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science;
- Physics, Economics and Mathematics.
The Department may set its own higher entry requirements for the program
By and large, graduates acquire knowledge and understanding, intellectual, practical and transferable creative skills and dexterity in the analyses and synthesis into workable durable solutions, of emerging challenges of the built environment in the nation of Rwanda. These graduates are able to adapt easily in the services they render to a country that aspires to evolve rapidly into a developed industrialised competitor in the region and also in the world scene. Graduates of the department then are equipped to:
• Engage in the professional practice of Architecture within the region, serving in the public or private sector,
• Actively participate in professional organisations that promote good, ethical practice of Architecture while encouraging continuing self-development.
• Pursue post-graduate studies in Architecture and in other related professional areas of expertise that fall within the broad discipline of Environmental Planning.
Graduates of this Architecture programme will come out with strong critical thinking and analysis skills which can be applied to many disciplines, but will be specialized in architecture and will thus be regarded as qualified for licensure to practice architecture. They will be eligible to take up entry-level professional practice in architecture, where they will be able to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, qualities, skills and other attributes in the following areas. The programme outcomes have been referenced to the Qualification Descriptors for Level 5 (Bachelor Degree) of the Rwandan National Qualifications Framework for Higher Education Institutions.